If you’re a new patient here at Distinctive Dentistry of NJ, welcome! We look forward to meeting you at your first appointment.
We know that a dental visit with a new practice may make a few of our guests feel a little nervous. Please allow us to put you at ease! It’s our aim to make your first visit as comfortable as possible. Here’s a rough outline of what you can expect during your appointment with your Totowa dental team:
• Upon arrival, you’ll check in with Lorie, Jackie or Suzanne at the front desk.
- She will ask you for your ID and dental insurance information. Additionally, we have a few forms for you to fill out. For your convenience, you can access those forms on our website if you’d like to fill them out ahead of time: https://www.davidjmartindds.com/dentist/little-falls-nj-forms
• You’ll be given a brief tour of the office and taken to an area where we’ll take x-rays.
- Drs Martin or Ferraiolo together with Suzanne and Jackie, will complete a thorough and gentle exam. They will review any concerns you have and will recommend treatment based on your exam and x-rays. Depending on your unique situation, oral health, and questions and concerns, this may include same-day treatment recommendations (such as filling a cavity), or long-term treatment planning for restorative or cosmetic procedures.
• If you’ve scheduled a cleaning with your initial appointment, Shara and Cheryl will complete this at this time. She may also recommend some at-home steps you can take to maintain a healthy mouth!
• Finally, you’ll be led back to the front desk to check out and to schedule your next appointment!
It’s our pleasure to make sure regular hygiene appointments with our Totowa dental team are friendly, comfortable, and gentle! Do you have any questions regarding your upcoming visit? Please feel free to call us at 973 942 6467!